The 18th International Open and User Innovation Conference
July 6-7, 2020 | Hosted by TIM Institute @ RWTH Aachen
OUI 2020 will be held at RWTH Aachen, one of the leading institutes of technology in Europe and the heart of German engineering, celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2020, too. Your host will be the Institute for Technology & Innovation Management (RWTH TIM) at RWTH’s School of Business & Economics.
Organized by the Open & User Innovation Society since 2002, the Open and User Innovation Conference (OUI) brings together about 200 to 300 researchers from around the world to exchange recent research findings and plans related to new developments in open and user innovation.
The community of scholars meeting at OUI is characterized by a very open, developmental academic culture sharing plenty of feedback and ideas. The OUI is truly multidisciplinary, covering disciplines such as innovation management, strategic management, organization design, marketing, intellectual property rights, entrepreneurship, and public policy, but also health care, psychology, and industrial engineering and design.
Opening Keynote Speakers!
Our opening keynote speakers will be Prof. Henry Chesbrough, UC Berkeley, and Prof. Eric von Hippel, MIT, providing together a true collaborative and inclusive perspective on Open (and) User Innovation!
State-of-the-art research findings will be shared on topics like:
- Open Social Innovation: Healthcare, Sustainability, and Societal Challenges;
- Open and User Innovation Platforms;
- Lead users, Toolkits, and User Identification;
- Firms‘ Capabilities and Interaction for Open and User Innovation;
- Crowdsourcing and Distributed Problem Solving;
- Crowdfunding and User Entrepreneurship;
- Institutions, Innovation Law, and Intellectual Policy;
- Open Software, Open Hardware, and Makers;
- Diffusion of Open and User Innovation;
- The Internet of Production: Industry 4.0, User Process Innovation, and Data Ecosystems.