OUI 2020+1 will be held on June 21 and 22, 2021, as a hybrid conference in Zoom and at RWTH Aachen, one of the leading institutes of technology in Europe. Your host will be the Institute for Technology & Innovation Management (RWTH TIM) at RWTH’s School of Business & Economics.
The OUI 2020+1 edition (the postponed event originally scheduled for July 2020) consists of a virtual and (hopefully) an optional physical component:
- OUI2020+1 will be held virtually with optional physical presence in Aachen (if the circumstances in Summer 2021 will allow a safe physical meeting).
- Main conference sessions (paper presentations and keynotes) will be in the afternoons / early evening hours of CET (= morning hours of ET) via Zoom on June 21 and 22, 2021. We will work hard to make the OUI Virtual a truly interactive experience — no streaming of recorded talks, for example! Focus is on interaction, discussion, exchange, and learning.
- We will assess the COVID situation in the coming months and decide in April 2021, whether we will offer an additional physical conference option for participants who are able (and willing) to travel in summer. The optional physical part of the OUI in Aachen will take place during the CET morning and evening hours. Workshops, discussion sessions, paper development, and dinner activities are providing the unique OIO networking experience for those who can attend in person.
About the OUI Community Conference
Organized by the Open & User Innovation Society since 2002, the Open and User Innovation Conference (OUI) brings together about 200 to 300 researchers from around the world to exchange recent research findings and plans related to new developments in open and user innovation.
The community of scholars meeting at OUI is characterized by a very open, developmental academic culture sharing plenty of feedback and ideas. The OUI is truly multidisciplinary, covering disciplines such as innovation management, strategic management, organization design, marketing, intellectual property rights, entrepreneurship, and public policy, but also health care, psychology, and industrial engineering and design.
State-of-the-art research findings will be shared on topics like:
- Open Social Innovation: Healthcare, Sustainability, and Societal Challenges;
- Open and User Innovation Platforms;
- Lead users, Toolkits, and User Identification;
- Firms‘ Capabilities and Interaction for Open and User Innovation;
- Crowdsourcing and Distributed Problem Solving;
- Crowdfunding and User Entrepreneurship;
- Institutions, Innovation Law, and Intellectual Policy;
- Open Software, Open Hardware, and Makers;
- Diffusion of Open and User Innovation;
- The Internet of Production: Industry 4.0, User Process Innovation, and Data Ecosystems.
- March 01, 2021: Abstract submission deadline
- April 01, 2021: Notification of accepted submissions
- May 01, 2021: Early registration closes
- June 21-22, 2021: Main conference dates